Sunday, July 15, 2012

Let the nesting begin...

Neil and I moved into our house the beginning of September and I had all these big plans of using pinterest to make the cutest house ever. But then I realized that we went from living in a studio apartment the size of a 2 car garage (literally because our apartment was over a two car garage) to a 3 bedroom house.

The first few months I focused on filling it with necessities, like a real sized couch and a dining room table, etc. Then in December I had an ectopic pregnancy (not fun and quite the surprise) so I had surgery two days before our anniversary--romantic, I know. That event led to a lot of emotions and me begging Neil to buy me a puppy which he did (the adorable Grandee) and she took over most of our life after that. In March I learned I was pregnant again which was followed by 3 months of hating my life because I was so sick. But Neil took incredible care of me even though I'm sure I was overly dramatic...sorry babe.

So this long rant leads to the fact that now that I'm feeling like myself I can start to make my house look like it's lived in (well I guess my messy counters also let people know it's inhabited).

This weekend I have been busy dragging Neil around from store to store buying baby clothes (do girls clothes honestly only come in pink?) and pretty things to hang on our walls.

Neil's actually an incredible shopper and was able to help me find great deals and shop through ksl of course.

The end result of our home shopping trip was...

This lovely mirror that we got for 50% off that will go in our dining room area. It's really big but the pictures doesn't really show it. Oh yeah and we did paint our living room that amazing blue you can see reflected through the mirror...well Neil painted it (I owe him).
This cool picture will find a home here, Neil was able to talk the sales lady into selling it to us for 66% off...I didn't even know this was possible.
And this lovely 25 inch clock that I got for $25 off KSL which will go in our living room.

3 comments:

  1. I am SOOO sorry you had to go through this...I know how lonely that must have felt. BUT I am SOOO excited for you and this sweet new baby! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete