Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy 1 Monthiversary

Okay so I've sucked at blogging recently, but I can explain! So...we don't have the internet at our house, we occasionally can borrow/steal internet signal from BattistaNet, but she is very temperamental and often doesn't work well enough for me to blog, so we go to the library instead and hit up the free stuff.
We also don't go to the library very often, only when I have to do homework involving the internet, so much of my internet time is spent doing that, lame I know.

But anyways, being married is pretty much the coolest thing ever! The wedding went really well, my NeeNee (aunt) and Grandma flew out from Virginia to be there, which was way sweet...and they even brought a cake out with them, which blew my mind, haha. I still don't have wedding pictures, my NeeNee and mom took them, and they haven't shared them with us yet, but as soon as I get them I'll put some up fo sho. Oh and here's a picture of mine and Neil's rings :) Haha I know it's kinda ghetto because I took it, but it's all we got haha



The honeymoon was delightful! We didn't take a picture of our hotel room, but it was amazing! It was double the size of our apartment haha, and the view was great!



It was so fun spending our first Christmas together, just us, and we had a lot of fun on Christmas too! In the afternoon we went to the Bellagio Hotel and they had a Christmas themed Botanical Garden thingy in there that was really pretty :)



We then ate at The Top of the World restaurant which is on top of the Stratosphere, where we stayed. Pretty much it's the coolest restaurant EVER! It's 850 feet in the air and it rotates, which was kind of trippy, but the view was amazing! This is us at the restaurant :) I'm wearing my wedding dress..just so ya know :)



And this was the view...



And us on top of the restaurant :)



While we were in Vegas we also decided we had to do two things: eat at a buffet, and see some kind of show..and we accomplished both of those things..in ONE day!
We were going to eat at the Bellagio's buffet, but the line was forever long, and I was starving, so we went to the Planet Hollywood buffet instead, and it was delicious...except we ate ourselves sick. Here's Neil after the buffet..




And here's me after the buffet...



Haha I felt so sick that I had to lay down and undo my belt. Neil wanted to walk around to feel better, and while he was walking around a security guard came up to me and said "Are you alright, Ma'am?" and I just looked at him and said "Uh...I just ate at the buffet." And then he told me I couldn't lay on the couch so I had to sit up..lame I know.

After the buffet party we went and saw a David Copperfield show and it was amazing! After we got seated someone from the show came up to us and asked us if we would be in the show, and we said yes of course, haha but then we got really nervous and regretted saying we'd do it. But we just had to go up on stage and then the stage crew just dragged us around..the highlights of being on stage were: Neil touched my butt, Neil hit a steal plate with a mallet, we shook David Cooperfield's hand a few times, and that's about it haha, but it was awesome!



And being married has been the best ever! I have loved being able to be with Neil all the time and not having to make that dumb drive from Rexburg to Draper to see him.

It's also been fun because we've been able to hang out a lot with our friend/cousins/some type of relatives, Ian and Kristen, which has been fun :)
For example, right now we're at Ian and Kristen's watching Biggest Loser aka Fat People and we had Taco Tuesday and yummy milkshakes created by Kristen :)
I'm excited for the rest of the good times I'll have with Neil and our new life together! :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so glad you posted!! I hope you have a chance to read my blog between all of your business.. I will of course post pictures of my baby once he is born on there. I totally forgot how much of a rock you have on your finger. I love the wedding band! Gorgeous! You sound like you had a blast in LV. I'm so happy for you and that you found the love of your life who speaks swedish like my husband :) By the way you look stunning in all of your pictures. Such pretty hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity!!! Thanks for finally blogging. We need to plan a get together soon!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited you FINALLY posted...I check all the time dang it:)
    Im glad that things are going so well and I hope student teaching is going well too!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i read this forever ago but didn't reply till now. obviously. how exciting for you! looks like you both had a very enjoyable and fun time in vegas. i love that picture of you laying on the bench, that is so you to be stuffed and just laying there. and your dress looks soooo cute! you look so cute!

    im happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that is so fun!! P.S. I love the long hair....it's growing so fast. So when are our greatest fans coming back into to town to sleep on our blankets? Chow Hermana! :)

    ReplyDelete