I'm student teaching at the lovely Crescent Elementary School in Sandy, UT. It's really nice. The faculty is lovely and the principal is great as well.

I'm currently student teaching in the resource room, but only for another week, and the seven weeks are really flying by. My cooperating teacher, Mrs. Barton is really nice. We have way different teaching styles, but I have learned great things from her. The kids are great also, of course I have challenging days where I lack patience, but I still adore the kids. I have found through this experience that I enjoy working with younger children rather then older children. Actually it's kind of weird...so I would love to teach younger children, like preschool, kindergarten, or 1st grade, but older then that I can't handle for some reason. But, there I do enjoy working with the one fifth grade class we have for 45 minutes. The kids are fun and it's fun to joke around with them, but there's something about 2nd-4th grade that I just lose my patience with...that's probably not good to admit, but it's true. I love the 2nd and 3rd grade students I work with they just seem to have more attitude..but if they were my students and I wasn't just a student teacher I think it would be different, but who knows.
Student teaching has been a great learning experience, but I'm so excited about having my own classroom...I feel ready now which is way exciting! After I finish student teaching I'm going to continue to work at Crescent Elementary School as an aid in the resource room and then it would be GREAT if I could get hired there for the next school year and have my own classroom, but I'm not sure if they'll have any openings, but keep your fingers crossed!
i am glad you are excited about having your own classroom. ps your blog background is super cute...i love love love the branch with the birds.
ReplyDeletethere is a high chance i will be moving to utah in april...will you guys still be there??
that's way exciting! And we will still be here :)
ReplyDeleteare you moving to provo area?
will you be doing your dream job scrapbook thingy? Because that would be awesome!
I hope you get the job too! That would be great for you and your hubby, I mean if you are planning on living there for a while. That's so weird that you have a hard time with the older kids. I love the little ones too. :)
ReplyDelete