Monday, May 3, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Love

So as of May 1st Neil and I have officially been together (dating/married/in love) for a whole year! Neil is just so amazing and I have honestly loved every minute of being with him.

It was nice because May 1st was a Saturday so we got to pretty much spend all day together! We woke up nice and early, okay at like 9 o'clock and the first thing we did was participate in a Stake Dodgeball Tournament, haha I know, I didn't know they did church dodgeball either, but they do.


We had two games-one at 9:30 and one at 10, and don't worry we won both! We are so intimidating the other teams didn't even show for both games! Haha. So we broke up our team and played a few fun games, but we are honestly so sore now, haha, you should have seen us trying to walk around, and trying to sustain our leaders at Stake Conference on Sunday, haha, funny yet painful.

After our Dodgeball adventure we went to a soccer game of a little girl in our primary class named Annie and it was so fun! It's been pretty cold and rainy the past few days, but thankfully it didn't rain during her game.


It was nice to talk to Annie's family and watch her play soccer, she made us real proud!

After the game Neil and I ate at Wienerschnitzel and then Neil volunteered at Deseret Industries for 2 hours, and I decided I would just wait in the car and read the book I got at the library called "The Calligrapher's Daughter".


It's a really good book. It's about a girl who grew up in Korea during the time the Japanese invaded Korea and a lot of changes towards the Western style of living were happening. I've really enjoyed it.

After volunteering at DI for two hours which made Neil even more sore, we came home and I made my lovely husband Shepherd's Pie which he loves, and then we had the Adult Session of Stake Conference.

Afterwards we came home and drank Sparkling Cider to celebrate our one year anniversary.


We then just relaxed the rest of the night and watched Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman!


It was pretty much a perfect ending to a perfect one year (togetherness) anniversary because we love each other and we love Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman!

4 comments:

  1. Dodge ball is so scary! You are gutsy lol. Congrats on the anniversary. I personally like to have every reason to celebrate Perry and I. Gives me an excuse to be romantic lol. We celebrated probably every single month anniversaries for the first year. I recommend it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you liked Dr. Quinn. My Mom use to watch that practically every day when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and congrats! That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a year! FYI - I liked to watch Dr. Quinn too

    ReplyDelete