Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I'm NOT leaving until I see a Moose!"

The last week of June I had off work and everyone at work was going on a vacation, and I felt left out, so I made Neil take off work and we went up to Yellowstone for three days.


Neither one of us had ever been before so we did a lot of research on what we should see/wanted to see and planned out our three day Yellowstone trip, and let me tell you...it was AMAZING! We stayed in a cabin in the Lake Area of the park which was very nice...much nicer then I expected.




There were so many incredible things in Yellowstone. I was lucky Neil drove the entire time so I could just look out the window and enjoy the beautiful scenery.






There were also a lot of beautiful waterfalls and cascades that we loved.






There of course were a BUNCH of geysers and mudpots...anything stinky, acidic and steamy is found in Yellowstone...no joke. By the end of the trip we knew we would never be able to enjoy a boiled egg like we did before just because the boiled egg smell was all over Yellowstone...if you've been you would understand.






There was also amazing wildlife. We saw wolves, bears, buffalo up the wazoo, and elk. But of course we didn't see the one animal I wanted to see...a moose. I even told Neil that I wouldn't leave Yellowstone until I saw one...but he made me leave anyways.





On top of being able to see so many amazing things, it was so nice to just spend time alone with Neil and enjoy his company. It's amazing how busy we can get with work so it was nice to not have to stress about anything and just relax together.

2 comments:

  1. i want to go there. haha. wish i lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some great photos! I went a couple summers ago and my pics do not compare. I'm so glad you saw so many animals! We only really saw dear when we went so I'm just glad your first time there was awesome. You even got a pic of a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete