Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Elsie's Two Weeks Old

I cannot believe my baby is two weeks old today--it kind of gives me a miniature heart attack. She is a little angel and I have absolutely loved being a mommy!

My midwife directed me to do nothing for the first 2 weeks so I have been cuddling with Elsie, kissing Elsie, feeding Elsie, changing Elsie, and asking Neil to get me random things--and once again Neil has been the best; I really couldn't ask for a better husband.

We took Elsie in to the pediatrician (the only time she's been out of the house) and our pediatrician said she is perfect. She has a strong heart and her lungs are strong. He couldn't get over how perfectly round her head is and said she has no jaundice. Her stats were:
Length-20.75 inches (shorter then when she was measured at birth, haha) and in the 82nd percentile
Weight-8.95 pounds (I told you she was a good eater) and in the 80th percentile
Head circumference-14 inches and in the 69th percentile

Other then Elsie being completely perfect, adorable and beautiful


...see.

Here are some other adorable facts about sweet Elsie:

-She has a bunch of adorable brown hair


-She is a super gassy baby (it's kind of ridiculous)
-She has the cutest yawn, and yawns a ton
-She gets the hiccups a few times a day which is adorable because she got them a ton when I was pregnant with her
-She was born with super long finger nails and I can't bring myself to cut them


-She smells delicious
-She likes to sleep on her side with her hands sweetly under her head
-She is the champion of pooping and peeing the instant her diaper is off (one of the many pluses of doing cloth diapers)
-Neil calls her "growler" or "little growler" because she makes a lot of grunting and growling sounds

Pretty much she's the best and I'm so grateful for her and the sweet addition she is to our now family of four. Don't worry, her older sister, Grandee, completely adores her and is very protective of her--it's kind of adorable.

And here's a funny picture of her and Grandee cuddling and right as Neil takes it Elsie sneezes which causes spit up to fly all over me, adorable huh?


1 comment: