Elsie is going to be 6 months in 3 days and I have only blogged about her twice! How ridiculous is that--especially since I talk about her ALL THE TIME and think about her even more. Being a mom is pretty easy and hard at the same time. It's so easy to love Elsie unconditionally but then it's hard to have your life change so drastically so suddenly--not that I'd ever want that to change.
I think I have more mood swings since having Elsie than when I was pregnant with her--pregnancy is cake because I just got to be spoiled my Neil and in turn I was being an amazing mother, but it's a little more involved once they're out, but more fun too!
Elsie is the apple of my eye and I didn't know it was possible to love someone as much as I love my husband. I totally brag about her all the time and am one of those annoying moms who's instagrams and facebooks are full of Elsie (but I don't think anyone minds looking at her, she's pretty darn cute).
I think Elsie has an old soul--I can tell she wants to be big and independent so I'm grateful that I hold her while she's sleeping whenever possible (at least once a day) and I get to sleep with her all night and her big smile is the first thing I see every morning (and a few times through the night as well). Her front two bottom teeth are making an appearance and it's so exciting but sad at the same time. I'm going to miss her gummy smile and I know I'll never see just gums again (breaks my heart).
Elsie gives the best hugs--she wraps her chubby arms around your neck and squeezes, and she LOVES to be squeezed in return which is why this post is going to be cut way too short because she needs mama's loves right now (she's starting to say "mum" and it warms my heart).
No comments:
Post a Comment