I honestly cannot believe Elsie is one. Has everyone heard the quote about being a mother makes the hours long and the years short...that's dang true. Some days feel like a week long and some days feel like only a few hours. What freaks me out is the years are just going to go by faster and faster at this point. Which lets be honest, that only freaks me out on the good days and makes me kind of grateful on the tougher days.
Being a mom is hard. I'm constantly second guessing the parenting decisions Neil and I have made which usually go against the norm. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband and friends that make being a mother that much easier. I also have an amazing pediatrician that never bullies me or tries to pressure me into anything.
Fun facts about Elsie at 12 months:
-She is kind of huge--she weighs 27 lbs and is almost 30 inches long.
-She is walking (and falling) all over the place which is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
-She says "mommy", "dada", "dog" and "uh oh" and just today she pointed at a ball and said "ball" (we are acting like it wasn't a fluke, haha).
-She points at everything, especially food (even if she doesn't like it)
-She eats everything we eat (loves veggies in soup, curry, potatoes, sweet potato chips, apples, fruit leather, pizza, grilled cheese with basil, carrot applesauce muffins).
-She hates having anything in her hair and instantly tries to take it out.
-She likes going out and flirting with everyone (definitely not a homebody like mommy).
-She still sleeps with us (by choice and we love it).
-She signs milk when she wants to nurse (which is still very often and will probably continue to be for at least another year, again, by choice).
-She loves playing on the stairs and can crawl up all of them and crawls down some but then realizes she's going down and not up and starts going up again.
-She gives kisses to all baby dolls and stuffed animals.
-She wakes up randomly in the middle of the night to give kisses to Neil and I (adorable, I know).
-She is very dramatic and her feelings get hurt very easily.
-She loves our neighbors across the street and loves to play with their children.
-She loves to turn pages in books and growls whenever she sees a picture of an animal (probably because she hears our dogs growling at each other when they play).
-She will roll/throw a ball back and forth.
-She cries hysterically every time I leave for work (breaks my heart).
Pretty much we're in love. Elsie definitely keeps us (and the dogs) on our toes but I can't imagine life any different.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






your (adorable!) one year old is the same weight as my 3 year old... holy crap.
ReplyDeletecan't even believe it! love you and her!
ReplyDelete