Saturday, April 3, 2010

Graduating!

As you have noticed my background has changed because I'M GRADUATING!!

Student teaching is over! It went by so fast and I really did have a blast...I honestly just love children. Now, I just have to figure out what I really want to do. Another first grade teacher at the school I student taught at is retiring, and therefore there could be an opening there which I would love. Crescent Elementary is such a good school and I love the first grade team and the principal...but we may eventually be moving closer to Orem in the future and I don't want to work at a school for only one year, but that is a possible option. Plus, I loved teaching first grade, they're still young enough to be cute, but old enough to know how to listen to directions.

Here's a cute story I have from the first grade restroom, haha.

school restroom Pictures, Images and Photos

So I had to use the restroom REALLY badly, and for some reason the faculty restroom is on the other side of the school so I went to the first grade bathroom that is right next to my classroom. After I used the restroom I was washing my hands and a girl from my class and another first grader from another class came into the restroom. The girl that wasn't in my class looked at me and stopped where she was and began staring at me. The girl in my class stared to for some reason so I told her to hurry and use the bathroom and get back to class. So both of the girls went into their stalls and then the girl that wasn't in my class said to the girl in my class "Do you know her?" and she was like "Yeah, she's Mrs. Wheeler, she's in my class." The girl from another class then said "Wow, she looks like she should be in fifth or sixth grade" haha. And the girl in my class wasn't even like oh she's my teacher, she said "I know!" and then they talked about how I was the roundest first grader they know haha...it was cute until they called me round, haha.

So yeah, teaching first grade is a possible option which has pluses and minuses. Pluses-I've already taught there and gotten to know the school, I know the team and I like them, I like the principal, and the community, good pay I think haha. Minuses-Long commute, dealing with the school system.

I also had an interview on April 1st with Alpine School District to teach in their preschool program. The interview went really well, and I really would love to teach preschool because at that age they're just fun!

Oh, and on April 13th I have an interview with Kids on the Move to work as an Early Interventionist which is where I would go into families homes and work with their infants that either have a disability or are low-income which I would also love to do.

Haha, I love how I'm talking about all of these options as if I've been asked to work at all of these places-which I haven't, but since I'm finished with school I don't have much else to think about other then what I'm going to do after graduation.

I would truly love to have any of those three jobs, and I'm sure I won't get asked to work at all three places, haha, Heavenly Father knows I wouldn't be able to make up my mind, haha, plus I'm not that good. But it has got me thinking about what I really want to do...

As for Neil and I we are doing so well :)
Being married to him is the best...he is so sweet and he loves to spoil me haha. Here's a picture of us at the Elite Eight game in Salt Lake...we love going to any type of sports games



Something else we've been doing a lot of recently is watching Star Wars. I'd never seen them, but after I completed my final project with student teaching we decided we would watch all 6 of them. Don't worry, not in one day, haha. I didn't think I would like the movies because I'm not usually in to things like that, but I love them! Yoda is my favorite character of course...



He's so freaking cute! And he and I are a lot alike you know...we are short and we like younglings :) aka babies...he trains the young jeti's you know? And they're called younglings and I decided if I teach at a school I am going to call my students younglings haha. We've also been talking like Yoda since we've been watching the movies so much which is actually fun haha and we found out that there is a wikipedia for Star Wars called wookieepedia so you should google it and read about it, haha.

Let's see oh yes, in our new ward Neil and I are Primary Teachers we teach a class with twelve 7 and 8 year olds. It's fun being able to teach with Neil but it's weird because I get more nervous teaching in front of him then I do when my University Supervisor would come and observe me, haha.

Pretty much life is amazing! Neil and I have been married for 3 months which I know isn't that long but everyone keeps saying the first year is the hardest and I hope it is because it's been amazing!

Now just everyone cross your fingers that one of the jobs asks me to work for them haha because we are saving up for a house and those things are expensive...I've been looking into all the stuff about down payments and mortgage and stuff and it's intense...I don't know how anyone buys a house now a days.

6 comments:

  1. yay for graduation!
    i hope you get one of those jobs. make sure you blog about what happens.

    i am happy for you and neil that things are so great! i wish i was still moving to utah so i could see you bunch.

    what in the world is that weird bathroom? is that a picture of the one in your school?? and funny story about what those little girls said. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh and i love that you just started watching star wars! i love the originals. i need to watch them again soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope i get one of those jobs as well haha...will you come and visit utah?
    neil says you can come down take pictures of us and sleep on our couch haha...sounds fun, right? haha

    and yeah that weird bathroom was the only picture of a bathroom i could really find and i thought it was weird so i stuck it on here

    and yes star wars was a grand adventure...if you come and visit we can watch them during our slumber party haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you are just so dang cute! That bathroom story actually made me laugh out loud.....kids are freakin hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kid's are hilarious aren't they!?
    haha they will keep us young ashleigh...i'm gonna come up and visit sometime in the summer and i totally plan on invading your house, k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am counting on being down in utah april 18th till like the 22nd. i def want to see you. i will keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete