It was the first time Aly and I had ever been to Kansas City, but we were instructed by Neil that we had to do one thing, and one thing only...eat barbecue, so for our first meal in Kansas City Aly and I ate at The Three Little Pigs, and I got Kansas City Burnt Tips which was what Neil told me I had to get, and they were amazing!

Friday and Saturday, my day consisted of listening to lectures/presenters, eating, sleeping, eating some more and watching television. Since Saturday night was our last night in Kansas City and we hadn't really seen the city at all, Aly and I went exploring!
Our first stop was this adorable store that sold soap, lotion, bath crystals and a bunch of cute crafts and everything is homemade! Let's just say we got a bunch of cute craft ideas, like those button rings, the necklace, and cute coasters. Also those delicious pastries aren't pastries at all but adorable soap that this family made to look like cupcakes and pie, etc., crazy huh!?

We then went to the Union Station which was beautiful. The ceiling had amazing tile and the building was so big! It's no longer a train station but there is a Dinosaur Museum in there now, haha.

We also got to see the World War I Memorial which was also amazing!

At the end of the day there was a beautiful sunset as Aly and I got ready to say goodbye to Kansas City.

I am definitely not in Kansas anymore...I'm back home in beautiful Utah with my amazing husband, who missed me as much as I missed him, but Kansas City was a good time while it lasted.
Hey Lady--I've been to Kansas City but not that one. I'm so glad that you survived not being with Neil....three cheers for you.
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog.
p.s. I love/miss your cute red shirt. Feel free to give it to me anytime. Loves
:) you are too cute! I'm so glad you bit the bullet and left Neil for the weekend haha distance does make the heart grow fonder!
ReplyDeleteCharity I'm soo jealous. I spent my childhood living in Kansas City! Lucky! So how does their humidity compare to the kind you were used to on the east? I'm so glad you had fun!
ReplyDeletewheee that was a fun trip! i really want to make those crafts. hobby lobby in orem has just opened and everything is supposedly 50% off...hmmmm
ReplyDelete