Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dang I'm Good...

Last year for Christmas my sweet husband bought me a sewing machine. I had never sewn before I got it and life has been kind of crazy since I got it, so I haven't sewn much since either...okay, okay, pretty much I haven't sewn at all, UNTIL yesterday I completed my first sewing project.

It was a pretty big project to take on, and I kid you not that it took me ALL day to complete but I am very, very happy with it and since it's pretty much front and center in our main room I have LOVED looking at it and feeling very proud of myself.

My inspiration came from this tutorial but I just followed the general steps because I wasn't making curtains for a window but for a built in cubby hole in our living room. This being said cubby hole:


It's great storage and we have put it to good use, as you can see, but it is quite ugly to look at and there's really no attractive way to organize it. I had found that tutorial (thank you pinterest) a long time ago and instantly knew that was what I wanted to do to cover up the cubby hole but life happened and the sewing did not, until yesterday.

Drum roll please....(I'm kind of being serious)


Aren't you impressed, because I am whenever I look at it, haha. I was nervous about doing ruffles with my first sewing project but it actually worked out perfect because most of my sewing is covered up by the upper ruffle layer and ruffles are very forgiving because they don't have to be perfect.

Here is the big picture view:


See, much, much better because now I don't have to stare at the chaos behind the curtain. Yay for another sewing project, probably making cute pillow covers!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good! I'm impressed that you were brave enough to tackle that on your first try, but it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete