She is generally a very happy and content baby--when she's being held and catered too of course. Elsie is a good sleeper (except for last night--I'm still not sure how I'm only functioning off 3 hours of sleep) and a great eater. We introduced solids this week and she has had some sweet potato, squash and bananas. I also let her check on random stuff I'm eating like some beans and melon which she loves.
Elsie is a professional sitter and has reverted back to peeing every time we take off her diaper to change her--BUT I have found a solution! I've learned that if you tickle her thighs she pees every time so I undo her diaper (we cloth diaper) and tickle her thighs and without fail she pees and I can catch it without it going all over the changing pad cover and I know she's not going to pee as soon as I put her new diaper on--genius, I know.
Elsie is a ton of fun!
She loves to wear sunglasses (as seen above) and will laugh ALL DAY at Grandee, who is completely patient with Elsie trying to pull her hair every other minute. Elsie still oves to stand and will stand propped at our ottoman for a bit which gives Mommy's arms a much needed break. She loves to be thrown and hung upside down and laughs like crazy when you kiss her underarms. Neil is also king at getting her to laugh which I hope is especially true next Friday when we get pictures again.
Elsie is reaching for and grabbing things all day (like my hair--ouch!) and she will hold something in each hand and transfer toys from hand to hand. She has such a cute personality and loves cups and drinking water from her new cup, or from ours if we're lucky enough to be holding her while we're drinking. I cuddle with her every chance I get because I know it won't last forever. She loves taking baths with me and kicking like crazy, so I'm hoping that since I fill the bath pretty full for us that she will love going to the pool and beach when we go the end of this month.
I love being Elsie mom more than anything in the whole, wide world--well I guess it's a tie with being Neil's wife. It might even rise above if Elsie sleeps through the night tonight--fingers crossed :).
No comments:
Post a Comment