Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend

This has been such a good weekend! On Friday, Neil surprised me with tickets to the Utah Arena Football game-The Blaze, and the halftime performer was DAVID ARCHULETA! You should feel honored because Neil said he personally wanted to write about the football game, so he will tell ya'll about that and I will tell about the rest of the weekend. So, Friday was the football game and oh yes, I also make my first tuna casserole because Neil was craving something with tuna. Now, don't get me wrong I love tuna fish sandwiches, but I don't really think tuna should be eaten with anything other than bread, but I made this delicious tuna casserole and it was so easy too, everyone should try it!


Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
* 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup frozen green peas
* 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1/2 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
* 1 cup crushed potato chips

Directions
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.

I also added like a cup of milk so it wasn't so dry, and it was dang good, no joke...so if you're craving tuna you should try it. Putting potato chips on top sounds kinda strange but it was dang good I wish I put more on there. Oh and I also didn't put a full cup of cheese on top, I mixed most of it into the mixture and put a little bit more on top, but most of it was just in the overall casserole and I thought that was good.

On Saturday it was really nice so we again went yogging at the park, and then we went up into the mountains and shot some of Neil's guns. The place we went is usually full of junk to shoot but someone must of cleaned it up because there was nothing except some pieces of wood, plastic bottles, and a bike haha which Neil loved shooting. It was so nice to be able to spend all day with Neil and just have a good time this weekend, and it was so beautiful out so we were outside most of the day which was also nice.

Then today we had church which was good. Our primary class was a little bit crazy, but that's probably because we had General Conference last Sunday so they were kinda out of it, but we still loved teaching them.

After church we were way hungry so we made Pizza Bagel Bites which were amazing!


We just cut a plain bagel in half and put pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni on it and put it in the oven on broil for like 5 minutes and it was dang good.


Oh, Neil also put banana peppers on his because he loves those things...


He also had a nice pizza sauce smile at the end of eating his bagel pizzas, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Merrick and I have those pizzas all the time too! They're so convenient and tasty! We do ours on English muffins though, but bagels would be amazing too! That tuna casserole looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity your hair is so long!! it hasnt been that long in forever and a day!

    ReplyDelete